Kelsea Ballerini announced the track listing and songwriters for her upcoming sophomore album, Unapologetically, which drops on Nov. 3.
The new 12-song offering features tunes from songwriters Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Hillary Lindsey, Ashley Gorley and more. Kelsea had a hand writing or co-writing all 12 songs.
“[Unapologetically] is about years 21 through 23,” says Kelsea to Nash Country Daily. It really is. It starts with a gross breakup that I had. It talks about the darkness of that. I haven’t really . . . ‘Peter Pan’ is like as much of a breakup as I went into on the first record, because that’s really the only feeling of a breakup that I’d had at that point. This one definitely gets darker than that. But then it takes you through the darkness of that, the bounce back from that, into just growing up and finding who I am as a young girl. New insecurities that I have, all of that, into meeting [fiancé] Morgan [Evans] and getting engaged. It talks about all of it.”
Unapologetically Track Listing & Songwriters
- “Graveyard” (Ballerini, Forest Glen Whitehead, Shane McAnally)
- “Miss Me More” (Ballerini, David Hodges, Brett McLaughlin)
- “Get Over Yourself” (Ballerini, Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally)
- “Roses” (Ballerini, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley)
- “Machine Heart” (Ballerini, Greg Wells, James Abrahart)
- “In Between” (Ballerini, Jimmy Robbins, McAnally)
- “High School” (Ballerini)
- “End Of The World” (Ballerini, Hillary Lindsey, Lindsay Rimes)
- “I Hate Love Songs” (Ballerini, Trevor Rosen, McAnally)
- “Unapologetically” (Ballerini, Whitehead, Hillary Lindsey)
- “Music” (Ballerini, Robbins, Nicolle Galyon, Jennifer Denmark)
- “Legends” (Ballerini, Whitehead, Lindsey)