One of the best ways for artists to get their songs in the hands—and ears—of radio program directors is to pack their bags and hit the road for a radio tour. As SmithField’s new single, “Hey Whiskey,” impacted country radio in March, the duo of Trey Smith and Jennifer Fiedler embarked on a radio tour that took them to more than 70 stations in cities across the U.S., including Nashville, Dallas, Atlanta, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Boise and more.
To give readers a sneak peek inside their radio tour—where Trey and Jennifer met program directors and performed their single live more than 100 times—we asked SmithField to keep a photo journal of their travels.
Inside the Numbers
- Stations Visited: 73 Stations (70 more to go)
- Longest Flight: New York to Las Vegas (2,500 miles)
- Longest Drive: Spokane, Wash., to Boise, Idaho (427 miles)
- Miles Traveled: 25,000
- “Hey Whiskey” Performances: 109
- Best Food: Q39 in Kansas City. It was some of the best BBQ we have ever had (and that’s coming from two Texans).
- Prettiest Scenery: Northern California
Check out SmithField’s photo journal below—and their new single, “Hey Whiskey.”