Dolly Parton visited Dollywood on March 16 and 17 to help kick off the 2018 season at the theme park that has bore her name for more than 30 years.
In addition to performing, Dolly announced that the park features a number of new additions this year, including:
- Plaza at Wilderness Pass, an area for guests to relax, eat, listen to performances and recharge phones
- Spring Mix concert series from April 11–29
- A renovated Aunt Granny’s restaurant
- New gift shops Mountain Laurel Home Quality Goods and Rivertown Garden & Gifts
- Festival of Nations that will feature, among others, the Flamenco Kings, German Stiltwalkers and Ladysmith Black Mambazo (see photos below)
A new five-acre area of Dollywood is also being developed with new rides. Dolly said the tentative opening is slated for 2019.
“Let’s just say we are going to give Disney a run for their money with all the stuff we’re going to do,” said Dolly, according to knoxnews.com.
Check out the photo gallery below, courtesy of Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com.
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com