The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is celebrating its 60th anniversary of honoring music’s best through its Gold and Platinum Awards Program.
The RIAA trademarked the Gold record (500,000 units) and formalized the industry practice of presenting awards to artists for music sales achievements, including the Platinum Award (1 million), Multi-Platinum Award (2 million+) and the Diamond Award (10 million+).
The RIAA’s anniversary celebration includes a new website that features artists sharing their RIAA Award memories, including Dierks Bentley, Cole Swindell, Chris Janson, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line, Kane Brown, Kelsea Ballerini, Lady Antebellum, Lee Brice, Maren Morris, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire and more.
— Reba (@reba) March 13, 2018
In honor of the Recording Industry Association of America’s 60th anniversary, here’s a look at the RIAA’s Top 15 Best-Selling Country Albums, which all earned Diamond status for sales of 10 million units or more.
- Double Live — Garth Brooks, 21X Platinum
- Come On Over— Shania Twain, 20X Platinum
- No Fences — Garth Brooks, 17X Platinum
- Ropin’ The Wind — Garth Brooks, 14X Platinum
- Wide Open Spaces — Dixie Chicks, 12X Platinum
- Kenny Rogers’ Greatest Hits — Kenny Rogers, 12X Platinum
- The Woman in Me — Shania Twain, 12X Platinum
- Up! — Shania Twain, 11X Platinum
- Fly — Dixie Chicks, 10X Platinum
- Sevens — Garth Brooks, 10X Platinum
- The Hits — Garth Brooks, 10X Platinum
- Garth Brooks – Garth Brooks, 10X Platinum
- The Ultimate Hits – Garth Brooks, 10X Platinum
- Greatest Hits – Patsy Cline, 10X Platinum
- Fearless – Taylor Swift, 10X Platinum
photo by Jason Simanek