Luke Bryan got his wife, Caroline, a big ol’ diamond ring for their 10th wedding anniversary on Dec. 8, 2016.
This year, Luke may have to get Caroline the matching necklace.
Today (Dec. 8), Luke released his sixth studio album, What Makes You Country—yup, his 11th wedding anniversary.
Luke is in New York City making the media rounds, including appearances on Good Morning America, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallen and Ellen, which means he won’t be spending a romantic evening at home with the wifey.
“So I am very good about anniversaries and stuff like that, but when we were planning the album and putting it out, we were throwing all these dates around,” said Luke to Nash morning show Ty, Kelly & Chuck. “I’m at the house, and I’m like, ‘Yeah, Baby, I’ll be up in New York and the album comes out the eighth.’ She looked at me and goes, ‘Hmm, interesting day for an album release.’ And I said, ‘I’m sorry, Baby.’ And then you try to spin it. ‘Well, Baby, just come to New York and we’ll eat great food and we’ll walk and go look at people at Rockefeller Plaza.’ She’s like, ‘You work 20 hours a days during album release [week] . . . but I’ll be there.’”
Produced by Jeff Stevens and Jody Stevens, What Makes You Country features 15 songs, seven of which were co-written by Luke, including the title track. The album’s lead single, “Light It Up,” is currently No. 2 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart after 15 weeks.
“My favorite part of making a new album is getting to collaborate with the songwriting community in this town,” said Luke. “It is important to me to continue to push myself to grow on all levels and I feel like we did that on this project. Making and performing music never gets old and I can honestly say I am having the time of my life. I will be forever grateful to every fan who sings along each night.”
What Makes You Country Track List & Songwriters
- “What Makes You Country” – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
- “Out of Nowhere” – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
- “Light It Up” – Luke Bryan, Brad Tursi
- “Most People Are Good” – David Frasier, Ed Hill, Josh Kear
- “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset” – Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill
- “Bad Lovers” – Justin Wilson, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman
- “Drinking Again” – David Lee Murphy, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
- “Land of a Million Songs” – Luke Bryan, Jeff Stevens, Jody Stevens
- “Like You Say You Do” – Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Ashley Gorley
- “Hooked On It” – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, David Lee Murphy
- “She’s A Hot One” – Michael Carter, Chase McGill
- “Hungover In a Hotel Room” – Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear
- “Pick It Up” – Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson, Matthew Dragstrem
- “Driving This Thing” – Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jody Stevens
- “Win Life” – Rodney Clawson, Ross Copperman, Nicolle Galyon
photo by Jason Simanek