Darius Rucker dropped his fifth country album, When Was the Last Time, today (Oct. 20).
The 12-song offering already boasts a No. 1 hit, as lead single, “If I Told You,” reached the top of the Billboard Country Airplay chart in June. The album’s follow-up single, “For the First Time,” which was penned by Darius, Derek George and Scooter Carusoe, is No. 43 on the chart after 10 weeks.
“There’s a lot of nostalgia in ‘For the First Time,’” says Darius to Nash Country Daily. “The line ‘Say you never drank from the bottle of some two dollar wine, run barefoot through the mud’—that’s stuff you do in high school and college, so it was a fun one to write.”
Check out the new video for “For the First Time” below.
When Was the Last Time Track List and Songwriters
- “For the First Time” (Darius Rucker, Derek George, Scooter Carusoe)
- “Bring It On” (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson)
- “Life’s Too Short” (Copperman, Jon Nite, Jaren Johnston)
- “If I Told You” (Copperman, Shane McAnally, Nite)
- “Don’t” (Adam Doleac, A.J. Babcock, Pete Good)
- “Twenty Something” (McAnally, Nite, Zach Crowell, Josh Osborne)
- “Straight to Hell” with Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Charles Kelley (Kevin Kinney)
- “Count the Beers” (Rucker, Dean Dillon, Josh Thompson)
- “Another Night With You” (Rucker, Dillon, Josh Thompson)
- “Hands On Me” (Copperman, McAnally, J.T. Harding)
- “She” (Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawson)
- “Story to Tell” (Copperman, Gorley, Rucker)