Luke Bryan announced the Dec. 8 release of his sixth studio album, What Makes You Country, on Good Morning America today (Oct. 6).
Produced by Jeff Stevens and Jody Stevens, What Makes You Country features 15 songs, seven of which were co-written by Luke, including the title track. The album’s lead single, “Light It Up,” is currently No. 11 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart after just six weeks.
“My favorite part of making a new album is getting to collaborate with the songwriting community in this town,” said Luke. “It is important to me to continue to push myself to grow on all levels and I feel like we did that on this project. Making and performing music never gets old and I can honestly say I am having the time of my life. I will be forever grateful to every fan who sings along each night.”
In conjunction with the announcement of What Makes You Country, Luke also shared a sneak peek of his What Makes You Country digital campaign. The video engages people from all walks of life to represent what “country” means to them, using the hashtag, #WhatMakesMeCountry.
What Makes You Country Track List & Songwriters
- “What Makes You Country” – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
- “Out of Nowhere” – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
- “Light It Up” – Luke Bryan, Brad Tursi
- “Most People Are Good” – David Frasier, Ed Hill, Josh Kear
- “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset” – Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill
- “Bad Lovers” – Justin Wilson, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman
- “Drinking Again” – David Lee Murphy, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
- “Land of a Million Songs” – Luke Bryan, Jeff Stevens, Jody Stevens
- “Like You Say You Do” – Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Ashley Gorley
- “Hooked On It” – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, David Lee Murphy
- “She’s A Hot One” – Michael Carter, Chase McGill
- “Hungover In a Hotel Room” – Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear
- “Pick It Up” – Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson, Matthew Dragstrem
- “Driving This Thing” – Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jody Stevens
- “Win Life” – Rodney Clawson, Ross Copperman, Nicolle Galyon