From kindergarten to college—and every grade in between—school is back in session.
As we lament the end of summer, the start of another school year is giving us a lot to look forward to, including our second Nash Country Pulse Poll, where we explore what would happen if some of our favorite country music stars went back to school.
Country radio listeners across the U.S. participating in our poll were asked to answer a number of questions regarding their favorite country stars, including
- Who would make the best music teacher?
- Who would be the class clown?
- What country song will keep you in summer state of mind this fall?
- Who would be the homecoming king and queen?
- Who would be most likely to start a food fight?
- And more!
Take a look at some of our results below.
Ladies, which country star’s style are you going to mimic on the first day of school?
- For their back-to-school style inspiration, the ladies turned to Miranda Lambert (39%) with Carrie Underwood in a close second (34%).
Men, which country star’s style are you going to mimic on the first day of school
- Dierks Bentley was the clear choice among men, pulling in 47% of the male votes.
Which country star would make the best music teacher?
- Reba McEntire is a school favorite, as one in four indicated the country superstar would make the best music teacher.
What country country song will keep you in a summer state of mind?
Zac Brown Band’s “Toes” pulled out the close win with 25% of the vote, narrowly defeating Little Big Town’s “Pontoon” by 3%.
Which country start would be the class clown in study hall?
- With a boring study hall on their schedule, pollsters would be looking to Blake Shelton to save them. Over half the respondents (57%) voted Blake Shelton as the class clown.
What song would you be jamming out to Risky Business-style while your parents are out of town?
- Sliding through in the living room in their socks, 27% of participants felt like jamming out to Garth Brooks’ “Friends in Low Places” for their Risky Business moment.
Which country stars would you nominate for homecoming king and queen?
- With 39% of the votes, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were chosen as the homecoming king and queen, while Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood finished with 23%.
What song would you like the homecoming king and queen to dance to?
- After crowning the homecoming king and queen, 30% said they would want to slow dance to “When You Say Nothing At All” by Alison Krauss.
Which country group would be the most likely to start a food fight in the cafeteria?
- The Dixie Chicks take the cake as the country group most likely make the first throw in a cafeteria food fight with 28% of the vote. Zac Brown Band was close behind with 24%.
Country radio listeners across the U.S. were polled using Katz Media’s national consumer panel. This NASH Country Pulse Poll is the second poll conducted by NASH, leveraging its deep understanding of the country music audience. Click here to see our first poll.
photos: Zac Brown by Andy Sapp/Southern Reel/Shore Fire Media; Tim McGraw and Faith Hill by Becky Fluke/PMK-BNC; Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley and Reba McEntire by Jason Simanek