Following the back-to-back successes of previous studio albums Bring You Back (2013) and Illinois (2015), Brett Eldredge is gearing up for the release of his upcoming self-titled album on Aug. 4—exactly 10 days away.
For Brett, the build-up to the release of the 12-song offering—all of which he co-wrote—is part of the fun.
“It’s the build-up, the countdown—that’s exciting,” says Brett to Nash Country Daily. “I’ve been waiting to get his album out for a while, so I’ve released a few songs early as instant grat tracks to kinda give people a taste of the depth of this record. I just think it’s a whole new level of musicality from me, and so I’m excited for the world to see it.”
While more often than not, artists release a self-titled album as their debut, Brett felt his new project deserved to be self-titled because it represented him more than anything he had ever created.
“I think coming into my own and actually figuring out what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it takes a couple of records,” says Brett. “When I got to this record, it’s like, this is me melodically and lyrically more than anything I’ve ever done. This deserves to be self-titled because it’s more me than anything yet. I want it to be that big career album for me, that one that took it to a whole nother level. Everything has been going so well, and the build-up to this big record has been what I wanted it to be. I like to put the pressure on myself to deliver and I think the fans are going to love it.”
Brett released the album’s lead single, “Something’ I’m Good At,” in February. After 22 weeks on the chart, the tune is currently No. 24 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart.
Brett Eldredge Track Listing and Songwriters
- “Love Someone” – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan
- “Superhero” – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan
- “The Long Way” – Brett Eldredge, Matt Rogers
- “The Reason” – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman
- “Somethin’ I’m Good At” – Brett Eldredge, Tom Douglas
- “Haven’t Met You” – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan
- “No Stopping You” – Brett Eldredge, Tom Douglas
- “Brother” – Brett Eldredge, Tom Douglas
- “Heartbreaker” – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan
- “Crystal Clear” – Brett Eldredge, Heather Morgan, Jorday Reynolds
- “Cycles” – Brett Eldredge, Matt Rogers
- “Castaway” – Brett Eldredge, Jordan Reynolds
main photo by Michele Laurita/Warner Music