To celebrate the upcoming release of his new album, From A Room: Volume 1, Chris Stapleton held a listening party for industry insiders at Nashville’s historic RCA Studio A last night (April 5). In addition to sampling tracks from the new album, which drops on May 5, Chris announced that he will also release From A Room: Volume 2 later this year.
“I’m real proud of this record,” Chris told the crowd. “We made it right here in [RCA Studio A] like the last one [Traveller]. We camped out in here . . . and had a lot of fun recording things.”
The album takes its name from Music City’s iconic RCA Studio A, where it was recorded during the winter of 2016-17. Dave Cobb, who produced Chris’ debut solo album, once again Volume 1, which features eight original songs as well as a rendition of “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning,” written by Gary P. Nunn and Donna Sioux Farar and made famous by Willie Nelson.
The album’s first single will be “Either Way,” a tune Chris co-wrote with Tim James and Kendall Marvel.
In addition to Chris on vocals and guitar and Dave Cobb on acoustic guitar, the album features Morgane Stapleton on harmony vocals. Also featured are longtime band members J.T. Cure (bass) and Derek Mixon (drums) and musicians Mickey Raphael (harmonica), Robby Turner (pedal steel) and Mike Webb (keys).
From A Room: Volume 1 Track List and Songwriters
- “Broken Halos” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
- “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning” (Gary P. Nunn and Donna Sioux Farar)
- “Second One to Know” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
- “Up to No Good Livin’” (Chris Stapleton and Casey Beathard)
- “Either Way” (Chris Stapleton, Tim James and Kendall Marvel)
- “I Was Wrong” (Chris Stapleton and Craig Wiseman)
- “Without Your Love” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
- “Them Stems” (Chris Stapleton, Jimmy Stewart and Shawn Camp)
- “Death Row” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)