Just when you thought Willie Nelson would be slowing things down at the tender age of 83, think again. The octogenarian, who recently had to cancel two Las Vegas shows due to illness, is set to release a brand new album, God’s Problem Child, on April 28.
The new album consists of 13 new songs—seven of which are written by Willie and his longtime producer and friend, Buddy Cannon.
Not to exclude anyone’s listening preferences, Willie is making God’s Problem Child available on CD, 12″ vinyl or digitally—your choice. It’s no coincidence that the album will also be released the day before Willie’s 84th birthday (April 29), making the purchase of the album the perfect birthday present for Willie.
A stand out track on the album is the comedic “Still Not Dead,” a new song that pokes fun at the many reports of Willie’s demise that he’s heard over the years. And not one to shy away from politics, Willie gives his take on the 2106 Presidential election and how to handle the aftermath in “Delete and Fast-Forward.”
This is Willie’s ninth studio album since signing with his label, Legacy Recordings, in 2012 and has sold over 1 million albums for the label.
God’s Problem Child Track listing with songwriter
1. “Little House On The Hill” (Lyndel Rhodes)
2. “Old Timer” (Donnie Fritz / Lenny LeBlanc)
3. “True Love” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
4. “Delete And Fast Forward” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
5. “A Woman’s Love” (Mike Reid / Sam Hunter)
6. “Your Memory Has A Mind Of Its Own” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
7. “Butterfly” (Sonny Throckmorton / Mark Sherrill)
8. “Still Not Dead” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
9. “God’s Problem Child” (Jamey Johnson / Tony Joe White)
10. “It Gets Easier” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
11. “Lady Luck” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
12. “I Made A Mistake” (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
13. “He Won’t Ever Be Gone” (Gary Nicholson)
Photo by James Minchin/Shock Ink