It’s not exactly da Vinci’s The Last Supper, but one of Nashville’s favorite honky-tonks recently unveiled a new mural depicting some of country music’s biggest stars, both past and present.
The mural appears on one of the outside walls of Legends Corner on Lower Broadway.
Any country music fan worth his or her weight in salt should be able to rattle off the mural’s cast of characters, which include Tim McGraw, Loretta Lynn, Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley, Willie Nelson, Taylor Swift, Johnny Cash, Keith Urban, Merle Haggard, Reba McEntire, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks.
If naming the 14 characters didn’t stump you, how about answering me these question three (answers are at the bottom of the page, so don’t scroll too far).
- How many Country Music Hall of Fame members are depicted?
- According to the RIAA, who are the three best-selling artists depicted?
- Can you put all of the living artists depicted in order from youngest to oldest?
- 8: Loretta, Willie, Johnny, Merle, Reba, George, Dolly, Garth
- Garth, George, Alan
- Taylor (27), Blake (40), Dierks (41), Tim (49), Keith (49), Garth (54), Alan (58), Reba (61), George (64), Dolly (71), Willie (83), Loretta (84)
photo by Jason Simanekova