Grammy-winning country singer/songwriter Kacey Musgraves will release her first holiday album, A Very Kacey Christmas, on Oct. 28. Kacey announced the track listing today (Sept. 7) and revealed the names of a few guest artists who will be featured on the album, including Willie Nelson, Leon Bridges and The Quebe Sisters.
The 12-track offering features eight holiday classics as well as four original tunes that were co-written by Kacey.
“Working on my first Christmas album has been one of the most enriching musical experiences I’ve ever had and I can’t wait for everyone to hear it,” said Kacey in a press release. “I really wanted to create a whimsical throwback holiday record, one that evokes feelings of nostalgia and simpler times. I think that the fine musicians and brains that were a part of this project have helped me create a body of music that can be added to people’s classic collections.”
In addition to Kacey’s Christmas album, which she describes as “part Western Swing sprinkled with bits of classic pop, hazy Hawaiian moments and child-like fun, all coming to a nostalgic and melancholy end,” Chris Young, Brett Eldredge, Jennifer Nettles and Rascal Flatts are slated to drop holiday albums this season. Reba McEntire released her holiday album, My Kind of Christmas, on Sept. 2.
A Very Kacey Christmas Track Listing
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
- “Let It Snow” (featuring The Quebe Sisters)
- “Christmas Don’t Be Late”
- “A Willie Nice Christmas” (Featuring Willie Nelson and Trigger; Written by Kacey Musgraves, Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne)
- “Feliz Navidad”
- “Christmas Makes Me Cry” (Written by Kacey Musgraves, Shane McAnally and Brandy Clark)
- “Present Without a Bow” (Featuring Leon Bridges; Written by Kacey Musgraves, Leon Bridges, Austin Jenkins and Luke Laird)
- “Mele Kalikimaka” (featuring The Quebe Sisters)
- “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”
- “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”
- “Ribbons and Bows” (Written by Kacey Musgraves, Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter)
- “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?”