Lisa, Jim and Tammy talk with Katie Armiger.
- Katie Armiger
- Lisa Konicki, Editor in Chief
- Jim Casey, Managing Editor
- Tammy Ragusa, Senior Writer
Back in June 2015, country singer Katie Armiger and her independent record label, Cold River Records, appeared to have a very public and messy falling out. The label issued statements saying Katie was taking a breather from music, something she wholeheartedly denied.
Now, the 24-year-old Texan is coming clean about what really happened.
Show Notes & Links
- Our earlier post on the story: Katie Armiger Comes Clean About “Quitting Music”
- Public Lawsuit: Pete O’Heeron d/b/a Cold River Records and Cold River Music vs. Katie Armiger
- Follow Katie Armiger on Twitter and Instagram
He Said/She Said
- “The firing happened. Then, within 3 or 4 hours of my final call, [the label] said that the rumor mill was flowing and that they needed to release a statement.” Katie Armiger
- “I said, ‘I don’t approve of this statement.’” Katie Armiger
- “I have [control of my] Twitter and Instagram [accounts] but I do not have access to Facebook or my website to this day.” Katie Armiger
- “Do you think [Luke Bryan]’s label forces him into a pair of skin-tight jeans every day?” Jim Casey
- “[Luke Bryan] probably signed that contract and said, ‘I want to wear tighter jeans.’” Jim Casey
The Writers Room, Ep. 7, 46 minutes