Lisa, Jim, Tammy and Bob sit down to discuss country music’s presence in the latest Grammy Awards nominations.
- Lisa Konicki, Editor in Chief
- Jim Casey, Managing Editor
- Tammy Ragusa, Senior Writer
- Bob Paxman, Senior Writer
Show Notes & Links
- 58th Annual Grammy Awards Nominations Announced (Dec. 7, 2015)
- Who votes for Grammy Award nominations
- Grammy Awards versus CMA and ACM Awards
- Chris Stapleton’s album Traveller nominated for Album of the Year. Can he win it?
- Little Big Town’s “Girl Crush” nominated for Song of the Year. Does “Girl Crush” have a chance?
- Sam Hunt nominated for Best New Artist. What are his chances?
- Best Country Solo Performance
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance
- Joey+Rory’s nomination and their recent struggles with cancer
- Best Country Song
- Best Country Album
- Best Americana Album
He Said/She Said
- “You don’t think it’s just famous rich people who love to give out awards, giving out more awards?” Jim Casey
- “You can put anybody next to Dwight Yoakam and their sales will sky rocket. That’s what kind of power he has.” Jim Casey
- “That’s also proof that country has gone from being a niche format to being mainstream.” Tammy Ragusa
- “If [Chris Stapleton] does win, can you imagine Kanye West, what he’s going to do?” Jim Casey
- “Would [Chris Stapleton] have gotten this nomination without his CMA [award] wins?” Lisa Konicki
- “Ed Shearan bores the hell out of me.” Bob Paxman
- “You don’t want to call this a weak category, but it might be a weak category.” Jim Casey on Best Country Duo/Group Performance
- “I tell you what, that Brandy Clark song hits me in all the feels.” Tammy Ragusa on “Hold My Hand”
- “I am shocked, only because I know how much you love him.” Lisa Konicki to Jim Casey
- “The Grammys are weird though, because in the pop categories they are the mainstream artists.” Bob Paxman
The Writers Room, Ep. 5, 45 minutes