Hopefully by now you’ve heard of Rainey Qualley and even picked up her debut EP, Turn Down the Lights. So you know she’s young and beautiful and her voice is bold and bluesy.
But we have some inside scoop on the sizzling new singer.
- Rainey is pretty sensitive. “I rarely get into heated arguments, but whenever I do, I just cry. Someone gets mad at me and I just start crying.”
- She’s a girly girl, too. “I definitely have a very feminine nature. I tweeted this thing that I think is really important for people to remember: being feminine is not anti-feminist. Like you can be feminine and still be a strong woman.”
- Rainey LOVES her cats and her future cats. “I have two cats. I’m hoping for more. I’m hoping to be 80 years old and have 20 cats and children will be afraid of me.”
- She has a passion for preserving the old and the environment. “My mom started taking me to antique stores when I was a kid and I am very interested in ancient cultures. Even holding things and touching objects that existed long before I did is interesting to me. Also, I’m into helping the environment, so not creating new furniture and whatever else when there’s already so much that exists is important.”
- Sports? Not so much. “I don’t know if this is surprising, but I never played a sport. I danced, but I never played a normal sport. I still love to dance in my living room all the time.”
Be listening for Raineys new single, “Me and Johnny Cash,” and check out her new video here: