Originally published in the January 12, 2015 issue of Country Weekly magazine.
Erin Oprea is a fixture in the country music scene, but she’s not a musician, producer or agent—she’s an all-star personal trainer. The former Marine, whose clients include Carrie Underwood, Lee Ann Womack
and Jennifer Nettles, tells NASH that her secret to staying motivated is a killer soundtrack. “There is no better way to get pumped up,” she says. “Whenever I’m getting ready for a workout, I put my earbuds in before
I even walk out the door.” Need proof that it works?
Check out Erin’s cut-up arms or Carrie’s famously toned legs. We asked Erin to curate a playlist of high-energy country hits so you can tackle your fitness goals head-on—and with a little twang in your step.
Country Music Workout Playlist
- “Good Girl” Carrie Underwood
- “Living in Fast Forward” Kenny Chesney
- “That’s My Kind of Night” Luke Bryan
- “Kerosene” Miranda Lambert
- “Drink to That All Night” Jerrod Niemann
- “Whiskey Girl” Toby Keith
- “Chattahoochee” Alan Jackson
- “Somewhere in My Car” Keith Urban
- “Wagon Wheel” Darius Rucker
- “Somethin’ Bad” Miranda Lambert featuring Carrie Underwood
- “Leave the Night On” Sam Hunt
- “The Wind” Zac Brown Band
- “Creepin’” Eric Church
- “DONE.” The Band Perry
For daily workouts to accompany this playlist, follow Erin on Instagram: @ErinOprea.